- USB Audio Hardware
If you’re looking for an easy way to capture great quality sound with your iPad and Garageband (or another iOS audio app) then you should take a look at the Apogee MiC.
A multi purpose studio quality USB/iDock microphone for iPad, iPhone and Mac that’s small enough to fit in your pocket. MiC is compatible with any Core Audio compatible app on iOS devices and also audio applications on your Mac laptop or desktop.
One of the things that makes the MiC attractive for iPad users is the fact that it comes with a lead to connect directly to your iPad (or iPhone), without needing to use the Apple Camera Adapter. But the bonus is it also comes with standard USB connection lead so you can connect it with your Mac desktop or laptop too.
In this video two Apogee MiC’s are used plugged into a Macbook Pro running Logic Pro, to record a stereo version of the guitar piece.
What does it sound like?
If you’re curious about just how the MiC sounds check out these recordings done on Garageband then you can check out these example produced by Apogee.
Where to buy
Links, further reading and reviews
An indepth review at Wired.com: Apogee MiC Is an Indispensable Tool for the Mobile Musician by Chuck Lawton AKA GeekDad.
If you like it, Share It!
- 8 USB boundary microphones
- Snowball Mic Gets New Limited Edition Colours
- Apogee USB audio interfaces compatible with iOS 7 and OS X Mavericks
- High quality audio playback for iOS by Onkyo
- Yet another interesting and innovative USB microphone from Blue Microphones
- 5 USB Turntables For The Style Conscious
- Cymatic LR16 USB multitrack recorder and audio interface
- Sonible Provides ‘Missing Link’ for Live USB Audio Playback