Novation have teamed up with Focusrite to create a USB audio interface compatible with Mac, PC and iPad.
Combining a 2 input, 4 output interface (built upon Focusrite audio technology!) with a three port USB hub, so not only can you get down to sampling and recording, but you can also plug in your MIDI devices such as keyboards, sound modules and controllers.
The features and portability of the Novation AudioHub 2×4 it a pretty interesting solution not just for home recording, but also for mobile DJ’s or a live performance rig.
As with the current trend with new interfaces, the AudioHub is an Audio Class Compliant device. But sadly there is no direct iOS cable connection. In order to get the AudioHub connected to an iPad you’ll need to connect up via an Apple Camera Adapter.
AudioHub doesn’t compromise on audio quality either, providing recording and playback capabilities at sample rates up to 96kHz with 24-bit sample resolution.
For those who don’t already have DAW software, the AudioHub comes packaged with Ableton Live Lite 9 and 1Gb of Loopmaster Samples to get you up an running.
- 2 TRS Balanced jack outputs
- 4 Unbalanced RCA outputs
- USB type B socket for connection to computer
- Power jack for included power supply
- Kensington security slot
- 2 RCA Line Inputs with selectable gain switch
- Input Monitor switch
- Headphone socket with output select switch
- 3 USB type A sockets for connecting USB devices to the hub
- 2 Volume controls for outputs 1&2 and 3&4
- Signal/clip LEDs for outputs 1&2 and 3&4
- Input signal/clip LED
- Headphone volume control
- LEDs to indicate USB ports in use
- LEDs to indicate Audio interface and USB hub function
- Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion (class compliant)
- Window 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 (ASIO drivers included)
- iOS 7, 6 (class compliant)