The Tascam UH-7000 is an ‘ultra high’ resolution 4 in 4 out USB 2.0 audio interface and microphone pre-amp for Mac and PC.
Thanks to its high quality Burr Brown A-D/D-A converters, the UH-7000 promises ultra high quality audio recording at high sample rates, from a stereo pair of low noise HDIA microphone preamps inputs.
If you’re looking for maximum bang for your buck when it comes to quality stereo recording hardware. The UH-7000 is definitely worth taking a close look at.
Capable of capturing ‘ultra’ high quality audio at sample rates all the way up to 192kHz with 24-bit resolution. The UH-7000 offers a very high quality solution suitable for discerning musicians, sound designers and podcasters.
- 2 x Balanced XLR Inputs with 48v phantom power
- 2 x Balanced Line Level Inputs
- 2 x Balanced outputs
- AES/EBU Digital Input and Output
- Independent Stereo Headphone Output
Tascam’s HDIA (High Definition Instrumentation Architecture) microphone pre-amp technology , the UH-7000 can accommodate 2 balanced XLR microphones with 48v phantom power.
Onboard Mixer & DSP Effects
The UH-7000 also has onboard DSP processing. DSP dynamics effect can be applied to inputs, outputs, or the stereo master (compressor, noise suppressor, de-esser, exciter, EQ, limiter/low cut).
It also has onboard DSP reverb (hall, room, live, studio, plate).
Here’s are a couple example of what the UH-7000 is capable of, including one sampled at 24-bit/196kHz.
- Ultra high quality BurrBrown A-D/D-A converters and HDIA microphone pre-amps – Aluminium and brushed steel chassis with very high build quality – High quality built-in PSU (separate power supply for each channel) – Powerful headphone amplifier for driving good quality headphones
- High resolution 24-bit sampling rates of 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz and 192kHz – Built-in DSP Dynamic and reverb effects processor
- High build quality means the unit it quite heavy (many users will see this as a Pro) – Built-in effects can only be used at sample rates up to 96kHz
- No dedicated hardware master output volume control (however this can be changed using phones level control when link line button is pressed).